- Aberdeenshire (22)
- Angus (2)
- Argyll and Bute (89)
- Ayrshire (11)
- Caithness (6)
- Dumfries and Galloway (52)
- Fife (22)
- Hilton (2)
- Inverness (2)
- Isle of Arran (1)
- Isle of Skye (46)
- Loch Lomond (2)
- Lochaber (24)
- Lochalsh (7)
- Lothian (4)
- Moray (6)
- Outer Hebrides (8)
- Renfrewshire (2)
- Ross and Cromarty (31)
- Scottish Borders (9)
- Scottish Highlands (5)
- Sutherland (22)
Ariel, Llantwit Major
Availability & Pricing
In association with Trinity House, Rural Retreats is pleased to present Ariel at Nash Point Lighthouse.
Ariel is one of two holiday cottages available at the lighthouse which is located on the Glamorgan Heritage Coast. There are wonderful safe beaches, many of which have been awarded the coveted blue flag. In particular, there is Ogmore-by-Sea (just over 4 miles away), Barry Island, Southerndown and Porthcawl, which are particularly good for windsurfing.
A short drive away (just over 8 miles) Cowbridge offers a good range of shops with small boutiques, craft and art galleries, excellent restaurants and pubs. Further along the coast is the famous Gower peninsula and walking on the Mumbles.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps five guests.
- Three bedrooms and one bathroom.
- Fully enclosed garden.
- Onsite parking for two vehicles.
- One well-behaved dog welcome (small additional charge).
- The lighthouse does not have a fog horn (please see notes).
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Please see important information regarding this property within the Notes Tab above.
- Spectacular, panoramic views.
- Electric wood burner, electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- TV, DVD and CD player.
- Travel cot and high chair available on request.
- Garden furniture.
- Also, on this site is Stella, sleeping five guests.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Within easy reach of a number of beaches.
- The lighthouse is open to the public from Saturday 7th April until Sunday 30th September (weather permitting). If you would like to view the lighthouse, please click here or telephone 07850 047721..
- For children, visit Barry Island Pleasure Park and the Quaser Centre.
- St Donats Art Centre offers exhibitions, cinema, dance, theatre, music and children's events.
- While The Museum of Welsh Life at St Fagans is also 20 minutes away.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here.