- Aberdeenshire (22)
- Angus (2)
- Argyll and Bute (93)
- Ayrshire (8)
- Caithness (6)
- Dumfries and Galloway (58)
- Fife (18)
- Hilton (2)
- Inverness (4)
- Isle of Arran (8)
- Isle of Skye (47)
- Loch Lomond (1)
- Lochaber (23)
- Lochalsh (5)
- Lothian (4)
- Moray (8)
- Northern Isles (3)
- Outer Hebrides (15)
- Renfrewshire (1)
- Ross and Cromarty (34)
- Scottish Borders (10)
- Scottish Highlands (11)
- Sutherland (18)
Cliffside, Whitsand Bay
Availability & Pricing
Where Is It?Whitsand Bay is a wide, dramatic arc of coast, with a long sandy beach dotted with craggy rocks and backed by high cliffs. This beautiful stretch of Cornwall is a great place to get away from all the hectic demands of modern life. Pottering about on the sand, exploring the winding cliff paths and strolling to the nearby cafe for lunch, making life simple and relaxing is what Whitsand Bay is all about.
If you need a fix of city distractions, Plymouth, with all its theatres, cinemas, cafes, restaurants and shops, is a short drive away; if you fancy all that a classic seaside town offers, Looe is a similar distance in the other direction.
Please note - the path is steep, narrow and uneven and may be difficult for those with reduced mobility.Inside:
- With classic 'log cabin' appeal, Cliffside is compact and cosy but beautifully designed with a high-quality finish.
- One of only two cabins in a secluded location some 100 metres by narrow footpath path from the road, this property has a stunning 'far from the madding crowd' traffic-free position with 180 degree sea views.
- Small entrance porch with hanging space for coats etc.
- Open plan living area with exceptional views over the bay and full-width glass bi-fold doors which can be fully opened onto the decking area, corner sofa and chair, wall-hung television with Freeview, iPod docking station and selection of books.
- Dining area with table and four chairs.
- Kitchen area with oven, hob, extractor, combination microwave oven, dishwasher and fridge with icebox.
- Electric heating and Wi-Fi throughout.
- Washing machine, hair dryer, iron and ironing board provided.
- Ground floor double bedroom with fantastic view along the coast and out to sea.
- Very chic shower room with double shower enclosure with rainfall shower plus additional handheld shower attachment, WC, basin and heated towel rail.
- First floor twin room with two full size single beds plus a futon-style double sofa bed, feature storage set into the eaves and porthole windows with views over a huge expanse of ocean.
- Furnished decking area, patio and small lawn, all with panoramic sea views.
- Open-air surf shower for rinsing off after the beach.
- Designated off road parking for two cars.
Need To Know:
- The property is accessed via a narrow, uneven footpath from the parking space, approximately 100 metres in length.
- The stairs at Cliffside are open-tread, fairly steep and uncarpeted.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Sorry, no smoking within the property.
- Refundable damage deposit of £150, due with full balance.
- Short breaks available outside of school holidays.
What Can I Walk To:
- Whitsand Bay beach, 3 minutes down the cliff (steep access).
- Cliff Top Cafe (10 minute walk).
- The View restaurant as listed in the Michelin Guide (15 minute walk).
- The Vaults restaurant at Whitsand Bay Holiday Park (10 minute walk).
- Adventure Bay Surf School
Within a short drive is Cawsand Bay, with cafes, shops and surf hire. A little further to the east is Plymouth, with everything a big city offers, or a few miles west you'll find the seaside town of Looe with seafood restaurants, pubs and even a monkey sanctuary!
Property address: Cliffside, Withnoe Cliff, Millbrook, Whitsand Bay, Cornwall, PL10 1JJ,