- Aberdeenshire (23)
- Angus (2)
- Argyll and Bute (93)
- Ayrshire (8)
- Caithness (6)
- Dumfries and Galloway (58)
- Fife (18)
- Hilton (2)
- Inverness (4)
- Isle of Arran (8)
- Isle of Skye (48)
- Loch Lomond (1)
- Lochaber (23)
- Lochalsh (5)
- Lothian (4)
- Moray (8)
- Northern Isles (3)
- Outer Hebrides (15)
- Renfrewshire (1)
- Ross and Cromarty (35)
- Scottish Borders (10)
- Scottish Highlands (11)
- Sutherland (18)
Quay House, Fishguard
Availability & Pricing
- On a picturesque quayside lined by traditional fishermen's cottages and with fabulous estuary views, this stunning new renovation of a 19th century cottage (one of a pair) has been carried out with a great deal of loving care and attention to detail.
- Lower Town Fishguard holiday cottage is furnished and decorated throughout in a smart, contemporary style with interesting original paintings, art work and an eclectic mix of antique and modern furniture, the cosy lounge overlooking the harbour has a woodburning stove and in addition there is a small snug with lots of reading material.
- There is a striking large luxury fitted kitchen/diner/family room which has a central island, an 'L' shaped leather sofa and a woodburning stove - floor to ceiling glass doors open out onto a front decking area with views across the harbour and to the hillside beyond.
- Peek through a glass wall into a a small enclosed 'fernery' which has a striking orange wall and a tiny stream trickling across a pebbled floor.
- On the 1st floor, which separates into 2 wings, there are 2 bedrooms at the front, one with harbour views, a bathroom with a large shower cubicle and at the rear a further 2 bedrooms and an additional shower room.
- The house featured as a set in the famous version of Under Milk Wood, starring Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor - Moby Dick with Gregory Peck was also partly filmed in the harbour
Tiny Lower Town Fishguard Harbour
- This tiny quaint harbour is now mainly used by pleasure boats, but was once home to a thriving herring fishing fleet
- 'The Ship Inn' (5 mins walk from Lower Town Fishguard holiday cottage) is an historic pub serving 'real ale' - popular with locals and holiday makers alike - lots of photographs and memorabilia of days gone by and a warm and friendly welcome too!
- This small market town has independent shops, tea & coffee houses, several pubs, 'Jane's' a great craft emporium (lovely lunches too) a leisure centre with swimming pool and a small cinema.
- A Farmers Market is held in the Town Hall every Saturday morning with lots of lovely local goodies to purchase. Also in the town hall is the 'Last Invasion of Britain Tapestry' -sewn by local needle workers to celebrate the centenary of this historic event.
Goodwick & Parrog Beach
- Parrog Beach at Goodwick is safe for most watersports, and the Ferry to Ireland leaves daily from the far side of the Bay where there is a main line railway station.
- There are riding stables just a mile away, golf (links courses) at Newport and St Davids, and tiny ancient churches along the Saints and Stones tour to explore.
Pwll Gwaelod & Cwm yr Eglwys
- Pwll Gwaelod is a small,sandy west facing beach with fabulous views across Fishguard Bay and a pub/restaurant serving freshly caught local fish.
- A short walk along the coastal path around Dinas Island takes you to Cwm yr Eglwys a picturesque sheltered cove, popular with families, which has its own micro climate, overlooked by the remains of St Brynachs Church.
- Forget the car and take a ride on the 'Poppit Rocket' a coastal bus service which wends its way along the coast to all the way to Cardigan passing through Pwllgwaelod, Newport, Poppit Sands, and St Dogmaels or the 'Strumble Shuttle' from Fishguard to St Davids.
Pembrokeshire Coastal Path
- Whilst staying in this charming holiday cottage in Lower Town Fishguard enjoy magnificent and varied scenery, explore peaceful backwaters, walk the Pembrokeshire Coast Path - glorious views, wonderful bird life, great wild flowers and waters that are home to whales, dolphins, porpoises.
Property address: 27 Quay Street, FISHGUARD, Pembs, SA65 9NB