Luxury Pembrokeshire coastal cottage with sea views near Abereiddi Beach, pet friendly
- Breathtaking panoramic views across farmland to the superb North Pembrokeshire West wales coastline from this spacious luxury coastal cottage which has been skillfully renovated and restored to combine rustic charm with modern elegance.
- Light and airy throughout, the floor to ceiling glass walls and French doors open from the smart well-equipped kitchen onto the patio. The luxury bedrooms and bathrooms are stylishly furnished and the comfortable lounge with its 'A' frame ceiling and wood-burning stove is perfect for relaxing in.
- Fantastic 'top of the range' luxury kitchen/dining area - ideal for chilling out! - ample room for all sorts of family activities, and a sheltered courtyard. One well behaved pet dog is welcome too.
- The enclosed garden has a decked area, patio with large table for al-fresco dining and watching the fabulous sunsets.
- In a very private setting, the Pembrokeshire coastal cottage is one of a small cluster of 7 stone barns converted in 2008. (Also within this cluster is another top of the range barn ~Ty Llawen (1181)~ Perfect if you want to rent a second house nearby for large parties.
- A stile over the garden fence leads into a large field - ideal for ball games of every variety! One well behaved pet dog is welcome too.There is a super Games Room in a separate building with a professional table tennis table, card table and chairs, toys and games for small children.
- Fabulous for Christmas and New Year - all at a very special price! Warm and welcoming, guests enjoy a magnificent Christmas tree, stylish table settings, roaring log fire and a tasty present of Welsh treats.
- All year round short breaks are possible at this luxury pet friendly Pembrokeshire coastal cottage.
Abereiddy Beach welcomes dogs all year round
- Abereiddy is a 'blue' sand and shingle beach with fine dark sand at low tide and sheltered by west facing cliffs. A great family favourite and a fine hunting ground for fossils - look out for graptolites, an extinct sea creature.Walk along the coastal path through National Trust land to the Blue Lagoon, once a slate quarry but now popular with the devotees of the ever growing sport of 'Coasteering'.
Traeth-llyfn Beach ( known locally as Barry Island Farm Beach) National Trust - with caution
- Traeth-llyfn, one of Pembrokeshire's most beautiful beaches, 1 mile north of Abereiddi, can be reached only via the Coastal Path - steep steps lead down to a picturesque, sheltered sandy cove but take care if swimming as there are strong currents and no lifeguards here.
Porthgain near luxury Pembrokeshire coastal cottage
- Also on the Coastal Path but can be reached by a short drive through pretty winding country lanes, this quaint harbor village has fascinating industrial archaelogical ruins, the famous Sloop Inn, award winning 'Shed' Bistro.Mackerel fishing trips sail from here during the summer months when there is usually freshly caught lobster and crab for sale too.
Porthgain Art Galleries - Harbour Lights & Alun Davies Gallery
- ~Harbour Lights Gallery(wales-pembs-art.com)~ in Porthgain showcases the best of Pembrokeshire and Welsh art. Order original art from the gallery 01348 831 549, The Alun Davies Gallery housed in a pretty terraced cottage showcases his own beautiful depictions of local scenes. 4 Y Stryd, Porthgain, Pembrokeshire 01348 837740
Square & Compass & Croesgoch convenient for luxury Pembrokeshire coastal cottage
- A couple of miles inland is the hamlet of Square & Compass with an excellent Londis mini-mart and petrol station and a 'local' the Square & Compass which provides family bar food available. At the nearby village of Croesgoch there is The Atramont Arms - a pub which serves excellent fish and chips and where the renowned Pembrokeshire artist John Knapp Fisher has a gallery displaying his paintings.
St Davids, Pembrokeshire
- St Davids is ever popular with its stunning medieval Cathedral and ruined Bishops Palace, small shops, a wide choice of eating places, art and craft galleries.An internationally renowned music festival is held in the Cathedral annually in late May as well as regular concerts throughout the year and the candlelit 'Nine Lessons and Carol Service' in December is a true delight - glorious singing and fantastic organ music.
Oriel y Parc National Park Visitor Centre
- (open all year round) The centre holds a variety of exhibitions, including work by Graham Sutherland, a 'Discovery Room', shop and excellent café serving local produce.
Fishguard, North Pembrokeshire Coast
- Fishguard is a small market town with a weekly Farmers Market selling excellent locally produced fare - it also gets a great write up in the 2010 Lonely Planet Guide and is one of the top places in the United Kingdom to celebrate New Year!
Special Treats / child minding
- On request and with notice, child minding or baby sitting can be arranged as well as the renowned Dr Hauschka luxury beauty treatments - a relaxing treat in the comfort of your cottage with breathtaking panoramic views near Abereiddy Beach.
Zap Cats a Big Blue Experience, Newgale
- Experience the thrill of an adrenalin fuelled blast around the bay in a very fast very wet boat designed for surf rescue in South Africa.
- Visit the best historic and prehistoric sites in west Wales with an experienced archaeologist as your guide. Transport & refreshments are included.
Fly Wales, Haverfordwest Airport
- See fabulous Pembrokeshire's rugged coastline and rolling hills from a different perspective. Ultimate sightseeing form the air 7 days a weekl.
Spring Meadow Farm Shop near Caerfarchell, Solva
- While in Pembrokeshire feast on delicious healthy locally grown produce harvested daily. The Spring Meadow shop is listed in Rick Stein's Food Heros and in A Culinary Journey with John Pressdee.
Hilton Court Garden & Crafts, Roch
- A world of beautiful crafts including pottery, photography and gift shop and a spectacular 12 acre garden with lakes and woodland. Enjoy a meal in the restaurant or a snack in the tearoom.
East Nolton Riding Stables
- Experience the thrill of galloping across the beach or trekking through the lovely Pembrokeshire countryside with East Nolton Riding stables.
Luxury Pembrokeshire coastal cottage with sea views near Abereiddi Beach
- There is much to enjoy from this luxury coastal cottage with views near Abereiddy beach and Porthgain between Whitesands & Abercastle. Walkers and motorists regard north Pembrokeshire as offering some of Wales most scenic coastalwalking and motoring with a vast array of beaches, coves and harbours to explore between the lighthouse at Strumble Head and St Ann's Head near Dale.
4 Bedrooms sleeping a maximum of 8. 1 Double with Kingsize bed and ensuite (corner shower cubicle, toilet and washbasin). 1 Twin with shower room ensuite (large shower cubicle, toilet and washbasin). 1 Master bedroom with Superking bed and French doors to decking. 1 Twin a cosy room with the family bathroom next door. All the bedrooms are on the ground floor but there are 2 steps up to each. Family Bathroom bath with shower over, toilet and washbasin, on entrance level. Kitchen/ Dining Room Large, modern and well equipped with 6 ring electric range cooker with double oven, integrated fridge/freezer separate drinks fridge and dishwasher, central island work station. Dining table and chairs seating 8, patio doors to decking and coastal views. Utility Room with washing machine, tumble dryer, storage and hanging space. Lounge (1 step down from dining area) with 'A' frame beamed ceiling, 2 x 3 seater large comfortable leather sofas, 2 leather foot stools and 2 leather tub chairs, log burning stove, Free view digital TV/DVD and CD, French door to patio and garden. Large Games Room fabulous large room with full size table tennis table and plenty of toys for young children - lovely sea views Grounds large enclosed garden with deck area, barbecue and patio furniture. Child minding. On request to the owner and with notice they can also provide child minding or baby sitting. Additional Information Short breaks - Winter WiFi - Yes Changeover - Friday Towels - Yes Parking - Yes, ample Fuel - Very Eco friendly and efficient ground source under floor heating throughout inclusive May to September. Outside these dates £40 p/w Dogs - 2. 1 dog free, additional dog £25p/w Travel cot - Yes Highchair - No