You'll love Demelza 2, one of three properties situated in a private area of Helford Passage, all with stunning views of the river. Inside, you'll find a cosy hideaway with open-plan living, dining and kitchen area, two bright and airy bedrooms and a family bathroom. Outside, you'll have a patio area, plus shared use of the large, grassed garden. The beach, the Ferryboat Inn and outdoor heated swimming pool are all accessed through a gate in the garden. Well-behaved dogs are welcome at Demelza, so your four-legged friend can come on holiday too!
Helford Passage nestles on the banks of the beautiful river Helford, with a sandy beach and direct access to the South West Coastal Path. There’s plenty to do on site including hire of kayaks or paddle boards to get you out on the water, or if you want to get you in it there’s the child safe heated outdoor swimming pool. The Ferryboat Inn specialises in seafood dishes and holds regular music and quiz nights. The local ferry can take you across to pretty Helford village where you can meander along the shore to explore Daphne Du Maurier’s Frenchman’s Creek. Alternatively relax and enjoy good food at the welcoming Shipwrights Arms in Helford or venture further afield to the Historic Falmouth, rugged Land’s End or the gardens of Trebah and Glendurgan. All the traditional attractions of a Cornish Holiday such as nearby fishing trips, golf, cycling, horse-riding, seaside fish and chips, coastal walks, art galleries and stunning beaches make this a perfect base for couples or families all year round.
Step into the kitchen, complete with fridge freezer, oven and hob, dishwasher and washer dryer. Open-plan living area with one two comfortable sofas, flat-screen TV and patio doors to the terrace, providing stunning views of the river. Dining area with table and seating for 4. Master bedroom: 5ft double bed with views of the back garden. Bedroom 2 with twin 3ft single beds and views of the back garden. Family bathroom with bath, overhead electric shower, WC, and basin.
Please note: There are 18 steps down to the property from the car park, and a further five steps from the patio to the garden.
Private patio area with garden table and chairs, plus use of the large, grassed garden, shared with two other properties. Gas Barbecue and sun loungers on site.
Private parking for one car. For subsequent cars, there's a public car park just up the hill, charged at £1 per day.
- Included: Bed linen, electricity, night storage heating, WiFi and towels. Guests are asked to please supply their own beach towels.
- A well-behaved dog is welcome at Demelza 1. There is an additional charge of £30 per pet, per week.
- No telephone. Mobile signal varies.
- No Smoking, please.
- Short Breaks Available: Please contact the West Cornwall office.
- Local facilities: Beach 50 yards. Outdoor heated pool on site (open beginning of May 'til end of Sept). Pubs: The Ferryboat Inn at Helford Passage and the Red Lion in Mawnan Smith. Local shop selling basics. General shops and all facilities in Falmouth 6 miles away.
- Electric vehicles: One electric vehicle charging point. Type 2 socket. £15.00 set charging fee per booking. Please contact the West Cornwall Office should you require this facility.