- Aberdeenshire (25)
- Angus (2)
- Argyll and Bute (87)
- Ayrshire (8)
- Caithness (6)
- Dumfries and Galloway (56)
- Fife (20)
- Hilton (2)
- Inverness (2)
- Isle of Arran (1)
- Isle of Skye (50)
- Loch Lomond (1)
- Lochaber (23)
- Lochalsh (7)
- Lothian (4)
- Moray (6)
- Northern Isles (1)
- Outer Hebrides (13)
- Renfrewshire (2)
- Ross and Cromarty (28)
- Scottish Borders (10)
- Scottish Highlands (5)
- Sutherland (21)
Availability & Pricing
The perfect romantic hideaway for two, Barnacles has undergone extensive refurbishment and is now a perfectly snug and luxurious romantic retreat. It is a waterfront apartment accessed from a street level front door, down a flight of stairs leading down into a hallway, with the entrance to the apartment at the end on the left.
The property enjoys steps leading down to the sandy water's edge and is an idyllic spot in which to enjoy a special holiday break. Set in a building that was once a chandlers, where transactions took place from boats moored alongside the decking, it now affords views of the Boddinick Ferry and of the constantly changing river scenes.
The ancient town of Fowey, with its harbour, yacht clubs and historic buildings, has much to offer its visitors. Narrow streets lead to interesting shops, excellent restaurants, bistros and pubs, also allowing access to cliff tops and small sandy beaches at Readymoney Cove, plus a myriad of activities such as sea trips, boat hire and guided tours.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps two guests.
- One bedroom with an en-suite bathroom.
- Juliet balcony and a decked balcony area.
- Although there is no designated parking it is possible to drop off cases outside the apartment. The Caffa Mill car park is a short one-minute walk away. (To purchase tickets, notice is required and charges apply - Please see Notes).
- Sorry, no pets.
- A small baby in own moses basket is welcome.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Ideal for a Romantic Retreat.
- Floor to ceiling double doors in sitting room.
- Exposed stone wall and solid wood kitchen worktops.
- Contemporary glass, remote controlled, electric wall fire in sitting room.
- Electric cooker, ceramic hob and microwave. Dishwasher.
- Under worktop fridge with small freezer compartment, further freezer in passageway cupboard, along with washer dryer.
- Espresso coffee machine.
- 32" LCD flat screen digital TV (with Freeview)/DVD player/CD and radio.
- 22" wall mounted flat screen digital TV with inbuilt DVD player in the bedroom.
- Pay as you go mobile phone, for emergency use.
- Outdoor table and chairs and steps down to the water.
- Steps leading down to the sandy water’s edge with a frape to allow a mooring of a small boat.
- Please note the passageway into Barnacles has shared access with the freeholder, who very occasionally uses it.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- The apartment is a five-minute walk to the centre of the town.
- Enjoy one of the many festivals including The May 'Daphne Du Maurier week' (whose family home is directly opposite Barnacles), the August 'Fowey Royal Regatta' and the Christmas Fayre which all bring visitors to these immensely popular events.
- Within a 10 minute drive are the beaches of Par and Polkerris.
- It is possible to fish from the terrace, but a licence needs to be purchased by phone; 0844 8005386, or at the Post Office in Fowey. They are available for one, or eight days, and cover coastal and riverside fishing.
- From the quayside in Fowey, pick up fishing boat, 'Moogie', contact Dan on 07792625908, or take a two hour mackerel fishing trip, (rods and tackle supplied 07445 280731), private boat hire is also available.
- There is a Spa and swimming pool at The Cornwall Spa in St Austell, approximately 15/20 minutes away.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here.
Property address: 30a, Passage Street