- Aberdeenshire (25)
- Angus (2)
- Argyll and Bute (87)
- Ayrshire (8)
- Caithness (6)
- Dumfries and Galloway (56)
- Fife (20)
- Hilton (2)
- Inverness (2)
- Isle of Arran (1)
- Isle of Skye (50)
- Loch Lomond (1)
- Lochaber (23)
- Lochalsh (7)
- Lothian (4)
- Moray (6)
- Northern Isles (1)
- Outer Hebrides (13)
- Renfrewshire (2)
- Ross and Cromarty (28)
- Scottish Borders (10)
- Scottish Highlands (5)
- Sutherland (21)
Availability & Pricing
Lookout is a contemporary split level detached house overlooking the beautiful southern Cornish coastline. Situated at the gateway to Cornwall, a mere 17 mile drive from Plymouth, Downderry is a small village and although there are few shops they do offer everything for that essential purchase. There is also good eating in 'The Blue Plate' Restaurant, Waves bar and other local pubs and restaurants.
Guests can walk down to the beach which is approximately a five minute walk and is a mix of sand and shingle. Set amongst breath-taking views, this beautiful self catering accommodation sleeps six people in three spacious bedrooms all with en-suite bathrooms. All rooms provide stunning panoramic views of the sea. The front door opens into a welcoming reception lobby leading to a cloakroom and large open plan kitchen/dining and sitting room. The seaward view spans across Rame Head to Eddystone lighthouse and Looe Island. The living area is perfect for a holiday in any weather. In summer, the living space can be extended to incorporate the decking and fully enjoy the view by opening the bi-folding doors. Whilst in winter, the storms can be watched rolling in across the bay, with the comfort of the open fire. A perfect retreat to suit all!
The garden is a south facing sun trap with wonderful views and is terraced with steps leading down to a small lawned area. It is perfect for enjoying the natural landscape and ambience whilst listening to the sea. There are shaded areas within the garden for those who like to relax out of the direct sunlight.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps six guests.
- Three bedrooms, one en-suite bathroom and two en-suite shower rooms.
- Open fire.
- South facing garden with terrace.
- Limited on-site parking (see property layout).
- Baby welcome, please bring your own travel cot / high chair.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Please note the approach to the property is up a steep unmade track
- Minimum of a four night stay.
- Lovely balconies.
- Stunning panoramic views of the sea.
- Oil fired underfloor heating.
- Electric hob and oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge. Small work top freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer in external utility.
- TV with Feeview, digital radio, iPod.
- Telephone accepts incoming calls with the facility for outgoing emergency calls.
- External utility room to store wet suits and surf boards.
- Garden furniture.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- A five minute walk to the beach which is a mix of sand and shingle.
- Visit Looe, a popular town on both banks of the river Looe.
- The Eden Project is approximately a 45-minute drive from the property. They have special events throughout the year.
- The Monkey Sanctuary is a favourite for children and parents alike, situated a short distance from Downderry.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here.
Property address: Lookout, Brenton Road, Downderry