- Aberdeenshire (23)
- Angus (2)
- Argyll and Bute (110)
- Ayrshire (10)
- Caithness (7)
- Dumfries and Galloway (63)
- Fife (19)
- Hilton (2)
- Inverness (3)
- Isle of Arran (15)
- Isle of Skye (53)
- Loch Lomond (1)
- Lochaber (27)
- Lochalsh (7)
- Lothian (3)
- Moray (12)
- Northern Isles (6)
- Outer Hebrides (15)
- Renfrewshire (1)
- Ross and Cromarty (41)
- Scottish Borders (10)
- Scottish Highlands (17)
- Sutherland (28)
Point House, Charlestown
Availability & Pricing
WHERE IS IT?Point House is a large detached house overlooking the stunning Duporth beach just a short walk away from the historic harbour of Charlestown. Duporth is a private beach, open to residents only and those holidaying at Point House, meaning you will often have the bay to yourselves, away from the madding crowds.
You can reach Charlestown by foot in under 10 minutes. As seen on the BBC One Poldark series, the village comes complete with a fantastic array of eateries and places to enjoy an afternoon tipple, a picturesque harbour that often has tall ships mooring and easy access to the South West Coast Path leading you to neighbouring bays including the popular Carlyon Bay which is great for those with families in tow.INSIDE:
- An exceptional seaside house overlooking Duporth beach just 200 metres away via the South West Coast Path.
- Classic interiors fused with a modern and luxurious twist. Interior designed to the highest standard by Mint House Interiors.
- Spacious living room with high vaulted ceilings and floor to ceiling windows, making the most of the generous space and panoramic sea views. Guests will have the choice of two living rooms to retire to.
- Guests will have the choice of two living spaces to retire to after a day of exploring.
- Living room with access to garden, sea views, two x four seater sofas, wall mounted flat screen TV, coffee table, feature fireplace and floor to ceiling windows with two armchairs perfectly positioned for looking out over the Atlantic Ocean.
- Sunroom with three sets of French doors leading out to the garden, unrivalled ocean views, high vaulted ceilings, feature beams, large corner sofa, electric fire for cosy nights in, coffee table, flat screen TV, books and artwork.
- Fully equipped kitchen with both country and sea views, breakfast bar, two stools, induction hob, electric grill/oven, American fridge freezer, ice and water dispenser, dishwasher, microwave, fresh coffee pod maker, toaster and double patio doors leading out to the garden.
- Separate dining room with a beautiful wooden table and seating for eight guests.
- Four beautifully designed bedrooms all on the first floor, with fantastic sea views.
- Generously sized master bedroom with super king size bed, breathtaking views over the ocean and garden, ample wardrobe space, dressing table, stool, bedside tables, lamps, spotlights and armchair.
- Luxurious en-suite with bath, rainfall shower, heated towel rail, wash basin and wc.
- Second bedroom with a king size bed, feature headboard, spotlights, chest of drawers, dressing table, stool, double wardrobe and ocean and garden views.
- Third bedroom with sea views, super king zip & link bed (can be made into two singles), fitted wardrobe, bedside tables and lamps.
- Fourth bedroom with sea views, super king zip & link bed (can be made into two singles), bedside tables, lamps and spotlights.
- Family bathroom with bath and shower over, double walk in shower, floating wash basin, heated towel rail and wc.
- Large level lawn perfect for morning yoga overlooking the ocean.
- Decking area with outside seating and gas BBQ for alfresco dining.
- Hot tub.
- Outside shower.
- Direct access to the South West Coast Path leading to the beach below.
- Private parking for four cars.
NEED TO KNOW:
- Two well behaved dogs welcome downstairs only (additional charge applies).
- Sorry, no smoking in the property or anywhere on the premises.
- Short breaks available outside of school holidays.
- Book a 5-night break and get an extra 2 nights free. This offer is only available after October half-term and before Easter, excluding school holidays. Only available to book by telephone on 01637 861005.
- Refundable damage deposit of £500, due with full balance.
- Please note Point House is in the centre of a residential area, please respect the neighbours and keep noise to a minimum after 10pm.
- Please note the fire in the living room is not for guest use.
WHAT CAN I WALK TO?
- Duporth Beach 200 metres away.
- Porthpean Beach 1.3 miles (dogs not permitted 1st July - 31st August between 10am - 6pm)
- Charlestown Harbour 10 minutes.
- Longstore Seafood and Steak Restaurant.
- The Boathouse Restaurant.
- Wreckers Restaurant.
- Charlie's Coffee House.
- Tall Ships Creamery.
- The Pier House Restaurant.
- Short and Strong Cafe and Deli.
- Rashleigh Arms.
- Carlyon Bay.
- Edi's Kitchen Carlyon Bay.
- Carlyon Bay Hotel Restaurant.