This superb property has everything! A romantic bolthole and perfect honeymoon spot. Just 400 metres from the coast, in an AONB and of Special Scientific Interest. The Old School is part of the Howick Estate (former home of the 2nd Earl Grey) and as a guest of the property you have complimentary access to the gardens and grounds of Howick Hall with its arboretum of some 65 acres.
The Old School is a far cry from is former years, bare boards and desks have been replaced with soft carpeting and comfortable furnishings. The high vaulted ceilings and numerous windows let the light flood into the living and dining room, perfect for relaxing with a glass of wine after a day spent exploring the area. There’s a wooden dining table and chairs and TV with Freeview. Glazed double doors lead through to the galley style kitchen which comes completed with electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer. There’s also a bathroom on the ground floor. Upstairs, the bedroom is spacious with a super king size bed and ensuite.
Take a stroll along the shoreline for spectacular views of Dunstanburgh Castle and look out for interesting bird life and wildflowers on a walk to Craster or Alnmouth.
• Sleeps: 2
• Bedrooms: 1 with ensuite shower room
• Beds: 1 x Super king-size be.
• Bed linen and towels: Duvets with linen and towels provided
• Bathrooms: 1 x bathroom with over bath shower and WC.
• Accessibility: Accommodation is over 2 floors
• Kitchen and utilities: electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer.
• Facilities for families: Sorry no cot or highchair.
• Outside: Large enclosed garden, patio and furniture
• Pets: 2 pets welcome @ £25 per pet per week.
• Parking: On-site parking with dedicated parking bay
• Nearest amenities: Shop/PO/pub/TIC 2 miles
• Coast: Coastal property
• Changeover time: Saturday
• General: Electricity and oil central heating included. Shaver point. Phone.
• Cottage Availability: Short breaks available, minimum 3 nights stay.
• Grading: 4 star
• Important note: No smoking
You may need to pay an Accidental Damage Deposit or Accidental Damage Deposit Waiver for this property. Where applicable we will contact you in good time before your holiday with further details and to take payment.