A deceptively spacious couple’s bolt hole… this traditional fisherman’s cottage has been beautifully restored to offer stylish holiday accommodation for 2. The living room has a period fireplace and multi fuel stove, leather sofa and chairs and TV with Freesat. The fully fitted kitchen and dining room with electric range cooker and dining table and chairs has everything you need for cooking up your favourite dishes. Upstairs, the stylish contemporary bedroom has plenty of storage and ensuite shower room. The attention to detail continues into the garden and onto the delightful deck and patio area with comfortable wicker lounge furniture, perfect for relaxing with a glass of wine.
The Hideaway is a lovely coastal holiday home in Low Hauxley at the northern end of Druridge Bay. Take a boat trip from nearby Amble (1.5 miles away) to Coquet Island, and RSPB reserve famous for its puffin colonies with terns including the roseate tern, one of Britain's rarest sea birds. Look out for the 80° lighthouse built on the ruins of a mediaeval tower. This entire area is steeped in history - there’s always a dramatic castle nearby with Alnwick, Warkworth, Dunstanburgh and Bamburgh all within easy reach. Amble is an important fishing port with some good shops, pubs and restaurants. The award winning marina is packed with fishing boats, pleasure crafts and yachts. Fishing, sailing, walking, cycling and golf all nearby.
• Sleeps: 2
• Bedrooms: 1
• Beds: 1 x double bed
• Bed linen and towels: Duvets with linen and towels
• Bathrooms: 1 x en-suite shower room with large shower cubicle, power shower and WC.
• Accessibility: Accommodation is over 2 floors
• Kitchen and utilities: Kitchen with tiled floor, Electric range cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer
• Facilities for families: No cot or highchair available
• Outside: Enclosed rear garden with decking, patio furniture and charcoal barbecue.
• Pets: Pets by arrangement at an extra charge per week.
• Parking: Off road parking
• Nearest amenities: Shop/PO/pubs 1.5 miles.
• Coast: Coastal property, 1.5 miles from Amble
• Changeover time: Saturday
• General: WiFi. Electricity and oil central heating included. Fuel for stove provided
• Cottage Availability: Short breaks available off-peak.
• Grading: 4 star
• Important note: No smoking.
You may need to pay an Accidental Damage Deposit or Accidental Damage Deposit Waiver for this property. Where applicable we will contact you in good time before your holiday with further details and to take payment.