Cove View, one of three perfectly converted barns, is nestled in the hillside, overlooking Porthallow. This attractive cottage, all on one level keeps traditional features like exposed beams and stonework, slate floors as well as a wood burner for those chilly evenings There’s a cosy living room with flatscreen TV, a traditional kitchen, a comfortable bedroom and a modern shower room. Outside there’s a large, communal garden with views of the countryside down to Porthallow Cove.
Porthallow, meaning ‘Port at the end of the Moor’, is a small, tucked-away village on the east coast of the Lizard Peninsula. It was once a busy fishing port, famous for its thriving pilchard fleet – in fact, the old pilchard cellars can still be seen near the pebbly beach. Just a mile off shore is the Manacles Reef, a rocky outcrop, and the cause of countless historical shipwrecks. It’s a popular site for diving, accessed from the neighbouring Porthkerris Cove, where you can hire the gear, or book a boat trip to snorkel with the basking sharks. Nearby St Keverne has a handful of shops, two inns and a cluster of whitewashed cottages, all huddled around the village square, and overlooked by the impressive 15th Century church, St Akervnus. Just a few miles south brings you to the Lizard Village and the most southerly point in the UK. The Lizard Peninsula is the Cornwall of Poldark or Rosamunde Pilcher’s The Shell Seekers. It’s the Cornwall of quiet leafy lanes, patchwork fields, and the comforting shush of the sea. It’s tranquility. The call of the gulls, long sunshiny days and afternoon picnics with warm pasties and cold ale. It’s a place to relax, to recharge.
Please Note: Cove View can be booked in conjunction with Rainbow Cottage and Rainbow End providing accommodation for 10.
Living room with sofa and armchair, exposed beams, wood burner stove and TV with DVD. Dining area with table and chairs for 2. Kitchen with electric cooker, microwave, fridge with ice box and breakfast bar. Bedroom with 5ft double bed. Shower room shower cubicle with electric shower, hand basin, WC and heated towel rail.
Terrace with barbecue and countryside views. Large communal lawn and stone arch to hidden garden with wrought iron garden furniture.
Covered parking area for 1 car.
- Included: Bed linen, WiFi, electricity, night storage and wood burner heating.Towels can be hired separately from the owner at £5 per bale. (guests must provide their own beach towels). Laundry facilities available.
- Log Burner: The owner supplies enough kindling to get you started
- 2 well behaved dogs welcome. Pet charge £30.00 per pet per week.
- No Telephone. Mobile reception fair.
- Short Breaks are available. Please contact the West Cornwall office.
- Local Facilities: Porthallow Beach ½ mile. Five Pilchards Inn ½ mile. Local shops in St Keverne 1.5 miles. Helston with all facilities 10 miles. Falmouth 20 miles.