Where Is It?Harbourside Cottage is an adorable classic cottage situated right in the heart of Boscastle, overlooking the village and valley beyond.
Rich in mysticism and history, Boscastle's sleepy demeanour belies its legendary past. Surrounded by mossy woodlands and secluded waterfalls, the village follows the path of a narrow river through the valley and between two mighty headlands that frame the ocean. Boscastle's shoreline isn't one of sweeping sands, but children can still dip their toes where the river flows into the sea, and at low tide a small beach is revealed.
The village is in the heart of miles of rambling woodland and blossoming wildflower. Valency Valley nearby has links to Thomas Hardy and the call of woodpeckers, jays and chaffinches can be heard through the rustling leaves. A slow walk from Boscastle Harbour leads to Pentargon Waterfall, a place filled with an air of magic as the witch's museum can be visited nearby. Likewise, St Nectan's glen is a haven for wildlife and the subject of many a whispered tales about fairies, piskies and spirits.
Drive further afield towards Tintagel, a seaside village famous for its castle, rugged coastline, and rocky valley.
Read what Helen from Beach Retreats got up to during her stay at Harbourside Cottage.Inside:
- A beautiful one-bedroom fisherman's cottage near the harbour at Boscastle.
- Views of the river and the headland towards the sea.
- Thoughtfully renovated to retain lots of period features, including the wood burning stove, deep slate-lined window recesses and original beams.
- Set well back from the road, Harbourside Cottage is a peaceful hideaway.
- Within a very short, level walk of the shops, cafes and attractions of the village.
- Open plan living/dining/kitchen area with feature wood burning stove, table and two chairs, smart television with Freesat package and Wi-Fi.
- Kitchenette with hob, oven, fridge with ice box, dishwasher and microwave oven.
- Hallway leading to private courtyard with washer/dryer.
- Electric heating, iron, ironing board, selection of books and games included.
- Bedroom with double bed, river views, chest of drawers and hanging space.
- Bathroom with bath with shower over, basin, WC and heated towel rail.
- Very secluded private 'sun trap' courtyard with decking, table and chairs and coal barbeque.
- Parking at the public harbourside car park (cost covered by owner).
Need To Know:
- Two small well behaved dogs welcome (additional charge applies).
- Sorry, no smoking within the property or anywhere on the premises.
- Refundable damage deposit of £200, due with full balance.
What Can I Walk To:
- The harbour with its tiny sandy beach at low tide (300m).
- Two general stores, a bakery, several cafes and a newsagent.
- The Wellington Hotel (restaurant).
- The Riverside Restaurant.
- The Cobweb Inn (pub).
- The Museum of Witchcraft and Magic.
- Harbour Lights Tea Garden.
- Boscastle Fishing Co. (fresh fish store).
- Harbourside uses Bulb Energy's 100% renewable energy tariff for it's electricity, and the toilets are twinned through Tearfund to fund a toilet in the developing world.
- A variety of boutique shops.
View access statement.