If relaxing is your holiday style; enjoy a romantic stroll here amongst the grounds or a soak in the Jacuzzi. . A very cosy and comfortable cottage, ideal for couples of all ages. Set in an elevated position overlooking the grounds of Tuckenhay and the surrounding countryside. Accessed via a flight of
14 steps onto a balcony patio area to the front of the property. Open-plan living room with dining table and kitchen area. First floor: Double bedroom. Bathroom with toilet..
- Elec, NSH, hot water, panel/convector heaters and use of swimming pools - charges vary by season £80pw or £46 for short breaks
- Access to freezer
. Note: Mill Leat (ref FCV) is also ideal for couples and honeymooners.
- Bed linen inc
- H/chairs and additional t/cots available by arrangement (one h/chair, one travel cot/cot in all cottages unless otherwise stated)
- Flatscreen TVs
- Wi-fi internet access (limited at times, in badminton/games hall, )
- Shared payphone
- Shared use of grounds
- Shared BBQ area
- Ample parking for cars and boats
- Two pints of milk on arrival
- No smoking (cottages and all facilities)
- Laundry room with W/machine and t/dryer by £1 slot meter
- Extensive indoor and outdoor sporting facilities including 60-ft outdoor swimming pool (8 am to 8 pm, 1 May to 1 Oct) and all-weather tennis court
- Outdoor - small children’s play areas with swings, climbing frames, slides, Wendy house and football field. Indoor - a huge play area with slides, puzzles, pool table, table football, snooker and table tennis
- Extra t/cots and h/chairs provided
- Well-behaved dogs are welcome in all cottages (except Mill Leat).
. "Devon’s best kept secret... Just inland from some of Devon’s loveliest and most natural beaches lies the village of Tuckenhay set along Bow Creek on the River Dart...."
In a setting of stunning natural beauty, Mill Bank is the latest addition to a superb choice of cottages at Tuckenhay Mill. An extremely spacious two-person cottage having a living, dining, kitchen area on the higher level with two south-facing balconies overlooking the stream towards the Mill. The master bedroom and en-suite shower room are on the lower level, together with the riverside day room. Your own footpath leads from the garden via a footbridge to the facilities at the Mill.
Tuckenhay Mill is the centrepiece of a cluster of country homes and cottages with superb leisure facilities including two indoor and one outdoor pools.
The Mill which once produced some of the finest paper in the land, nestles in the green and shady Bow Creek, a languid inlet of the River Dart where private yachts have replaced the old tall-masted ships and barges. Around the mill are all the buildings which once went to make up a small bustling village port. These listed buildings have been sympathetically restored and converted to a delightful range of holiday properties to suit larger family parties. Awards have been won for the conversion of buildings and the conservation of the area. With so much to do, many holidaymakers return year after year. There is golf nearby and a pub within 1 mile.
South Devon awaits you
Tuckenhay is only a 20-minute drive from the superb award-winning beach at Blackpool Sands and about 30 minutes from a surfing beach at Bantham, as well as some of the best natural beaches to be found anywhere in the UK.
There is also extensive access to the coastal footpath for walking and the wilderness that is Dartmoor for walking, climbing and riding.
This is a mecca for ramblers, bird-watchers, swimmers, surfers, horse riders, golfers and those interested in fishing, boating, sailing and windsurfing.
In addition, there are many historic NT houses to visit including Agatha Christies’s Greenway as well as a local vineyard.
Tuckenhay is only 5 miles inland from Dartmouth and 3 from the market town of Totnes. Village shop 3½ miles. Riverside inn and restaurant within walking distance.
A superb choice of cottages
Great care has been taken to retain the feel of the original buildings. Most have garden, terrace or patio. Individual cottage details are shown on the following pages.
Many cottages have more than one bathroom and some have an en-suite bathroom to every bedroom. Kitchens are comprehensively equipped: most have dishwashers and all have microwave cookers.
Couples and honeymooners will feel snug and comfortable in the cottages: Mill Leat, Mill Stream, Mill Spring and now Mill Bank. Families can spread out in Papermaker’s or Turbine Cottages, while Mill Lodge, Edgecombe Barn and Tuckenhay Mill House will sleep larger parties in comfort. Of course, combinations of cottages can accommodate bigger gatherings of family or friends."