- Aberdeenshire (27)
- Angus (21)
- Argyll and Bute (199)
- Ayrshire (74)
- Banffshire (45)
- Caithness (17)
- Dumfries and Galloway (149)
- Dundee (1)
- Edinburgh (10)
- Fife (61)
- Hilton (2)
- Inverness (66)
- Isle of Arran (14)
- Isle of Skye (48)
- Kincardineshire (1)
- Loch Lomond (1)
- Lochaber (19)
- Lochalsh (7)
- Lothian (12)
- Moray (22)
- Nairn (15)
- Northern Isles (5)
- Orkney (5)
- Outer Hebrides (29)
- Perth and Kinross (1)
- Renfrewshire (4)
- Ross and Cromarty (188)
- Scottish Borders (25)
- Scottish Highlands (15)
- Shetland (1)
- Stirling and Falkirk (2)
- Sutherland (55)
Availability & Pricing
A delightful barn conversion for two with private patio and garden areas and far reaching views of Strumble Head - a peaceful hideaway in which to relax, unwind and re-energise.
- Pencaer offers spacious ground floor accommodation with underfloor heating throughout making it a warm and cosy hideaway whatever the season.
- The living/dining space is a lovely area in which to rest and rejuvenate whatever the season, reacquaint yourself with a favourite book or simply take time out with a coffee and morning paper.
- The well equipped kitchen, offers un-interputed views of the sea whilst preparing your holiday meal.
- There is generous king bedded room with original high ceiling beams and a modern bathroom to enjoy a well earnt soak in the bath after a Coastal Path walk. To complete this ideal holiday abode there is parking and an outdoor seating and patio area that provides stunning views of Strumble Head and out to sea.
- Set within the well tended 1.5 acres of grounds, there are two other barn conversions on site which could be rented together to create a lovely collection of accommodation for up to 6 guests.
- In a superb coastal setting, but within easy reach of all the North Pembrokeshire attractions - St.Davids is 6 miles away, 1.5 miles from the fishing village of Porthgain with it's famous pub - The Sloop Inn - and award winning fish restaurant - The Shed and.
- An oasis of calm and tranquility awaits you at Pencaer whichever time of year you choose to visit.
Pembrokeshire Coastal Path
- North of the cottage are Abermawr and Aberbach beaches - enjoy the walk down through the valley to Abermawr and make sure to catch the amazing carpet of bluebells in the spring.
- To the south of Porthgain on the coast path you will reach the metal steps down onto Traethllyfyn beach - a wide sandy expanse (avoid high tide) great for swimming, walking the dog, picnics and games of frisbee!
- A little further on is Abereiddi - a good family beach famous for its black sand and start of the short walk round to the Blue Lagoon - a deep flooded quarry in the rocks famous for cliff jumping and as the venue for the Red Bull diving competition!
- A short drive will take you to the Blue Flag beach at Whitesands - popular with families and surfers alike. The café serves breakfast and evening meals in the summer season or why not enjoy a takeaway and sit on the beach to see the spectacular sunsets.
- Spend a few hours exploring the thriving ancient village city. Its charming huddle muddle of shops, galleries, bars and restaurant are protectively arranged around magnificent St Davids Cathedral and the atmospheric Bishop's Palace ruins. Book a thrilling boat trip out to the internationally important bird islands. RSPB Ramsey Island just 1k offshore has impressive sea cliffs teeming with seabirds and the coastal waters around are frequented by seals, dolphins and passing whales.
Fishguard Town and The Last Invasion Tapestry
- Fishguard Farmers Market is held in the Fishguard Town Hall every Saturday and a weekly market every Thursday. There are delicious local produce and crafts on offer and the market is well worth a visit.
- Upstairs in the Town Hall the gallery contains the remarkable Last Invasion Tapestry. Made in 1997 to commemorate the bicentenary of the 1797 invasion by the French - the last time the British mainland was invaded! This amazing piece of work was created by local needle workers and tells the story in the style of that told by the famous Bayeux Tapestry.
- A little further up the coast is the popular village of Newport. This pretty village has a number of cafes and restaurants to suit a wide range of budgets.
- Visit the wide Blue Flag sandy beach at Newport or take your boat down to launch at the Parrog Sailing Club.
Arts and Crafts in North Pembrokeshire
- Artists are drawn to Pembrokeshire for the quality of the light made by the combination of landscape and sea. Local galleries range from St Davids' Oriel y Parc - both local Tourist Information Centre and 'state of the art' gallery housing both visiting and resident (Graham Sutherland) exhibitions - to small individual local artists' galleries with a great variety of art on offer. Visit the Workshop Wales gallery just to the west f Fishguard on the A487.
- There are two historic woollen mills locally. On the north coast, at the little hamlet of Tregwynt, is a traditional woollen mill supplying well known national outlets with their own local designs. Further south in the hamlet of Middle Mill - just a mile up the valley from Solva village - is Solva Woollen mill. The oldest working woollen mill in Pembrokeshire which has been producing beautiful traditional fabrics since 1907, the mill supplies bespoke floor rugs to the Price of Wales for his Welsh home; this is certainly a mill to visit!
- The county is a treasure trove of little galleries - you could make seeking them out the theme of your holiday!
Coastal 'Shuttle' Buses - great for walkers!
- A more mainstream approach to travel are the coastal shuttle buses which trundle round the lanes during the summer months. This mode of transport is ideal for hassle-free access to the Coastal Path, the beaches and coves. You can join and leave the busses at will - so leave your car behind and enjoy this beautiful part of Pembrokeshire without the worry of your carbon footprint or your fuel bill.
Boat Trips and Offshore Islands - Adventures for both the brave and timid
- When you have seen the coastline from the coastal path complete the experience by going to sea. The Pembrokeshire coast is Britain's only coastal National Park and is a treasure-trove of birds and flowers, fish and marine mammals.
- Take a trip round Ramsey Island. Boats for both the brave and the timid leave from St Justinians and will take you round the Island and out to sea - or to land and spend the day wandering this amazing, rugged Island. Crews complete the experience by giving a wealth of local information - it is the experience of a lifetime!
Outdoor Activities, horse riding and golf
- Pembrokeshire is a centre for water-based activities of all sorts. Home of the sport of 'Coasteering', it is also a magnet for surfers and windsurfers, sailors, canoeists and rowers. If you are skilled at your chosen sport the coastline is an open venue but if you are less experienced, the County is well served with centres offering safe, instructor-led activities.
- There are golf courses to suit all levels of skill - Haverfordwest and Priskilly are within easy reach and one of the most dramatic small courses overlooking the lovely Whitesands beach.
- At the back of St Bride's Bay, Nolton Riding Stable at Nolton Haven is a riding school with a difference. Even experienced riders find it hard to top the experience of riding through the surf on the lovely beach at Druidston Haven.
Pencaer is a charming Pembrokeshire hideaway for a couple and 1 dog to enjoy year round holidays. Bedroom 1 Kingsize Bedroom on ground floor - 1 step up. Bathroom Bath with Shower over bath, wc, and wash handbasin. Towels provided. Kitchen Fully fitted kitchen with electric oven and hob, Fridge/freezer, Dishwasher, Washing machine and microwave. Lounge/Diner 2 x 2 seater Leather sofas, Flat screen TV, DVD/CD, Hifi, Table and Chairs. Grounds private patio area with table and chairs (unenclosed). Use of shared grounds covering 1.5 acres. Access to fields with 15 acres. Parking for 1 car in shared parking area. Fuel underfloor heating throughout inclusive. Each room has individual controlled thermostats for your comfort. Pets 1 dog welcome free Wifi Saturday changeover