Apple Barn comprises two self-contained barns, and an enclosed porch area connecting the first floor of the Lower Barn to the ground floor of the Top Barn. Both come complete with their own kitchen, dining and sitting rooms with wood burning stoves, making the combined accommodation perfect for groups and two families holidaying together. The combination provides four bedrooms with king or super king beds, all except one convert to twins. In addition to the main bedrooms, Top Barn features a loft room with two additional single futon beds that are a fun option for older children wanting their own space. It has a double height sitting room and terrace with magnificent views down the valley. Lower Barn boasts a spacious open plan living area featuring a large dining table seating eight guests, ideal for everyone to socialise and enjoy time together. With underfloor heating throughout Apple Barn offers the perfect rural escape whatever the weather and time of year.
Several sandy beaches are within a 15-minute walk and nearby car parks include the National Trust car park at Mill Bay. There are scenic walks in all directions from the property including spectacular sections of the South West Coast Path and a track leading down to Mill Bay and the Salcombe Estuary. The peaceful, idyllic location is perfect for families and those who love coastal walks, sandy beaches and sailing.
Apple Barn (4 Guests + 2) comprising Top Barn only is available to book separately.This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps eight guests (plus two extra guests if using the futon beds, please refer to the Addtional Information).
- Top Barn: Bedroom with 5’5” bed, family bathroom, upstairs bedroom with twin beds, and loft room with two single futons and separate WC.
- Use of the loft room with futons is for older children/teenagers only.
- Lower Barn: En-suite bedroom with super-king size zip linked bed, bedroom with king bed or small singles and family bathroom. Separate shower room.
- Exposed beams, oak and cream limestone floors with oil-fired underfloor heating downstairs.
- Two wood burning stoves.
- Bluetooth and radio connection to ceiling speakers in all kitchen/living areas.
- Large, west facing terraces and lawned garden.
- Children over five years welcome.
- Babes in arms in own Moses basket welcome.
- Suitable for a maximum of eight adults. Use of the loft room with futons is for an additional two older children/teenagers only.
- One well behaved dog welcome in Top Barn, to be kept to the ground floor (small additional charge).
- Parking for three cars.
- Within walking distance of beaches.
If you are a party of ten guests (up to eight adults and two older children) wishing to make use of the futon beds, when booking this property via our website, please select the maximum of eight guests and also select the futon beds on the booking form.
A telephone with honesty box is provided in the lower barn and in the shared porch. Please note there is no mobile signal at the property.
Please keep dogs to the ground floor of Top Barn only.
The property includes good pocket sprung beds, cotton bed linen, down duvets and logs.
Barbecue provided, please leave the barbecue in the condition you would wish to find it. Thank you in advance.
This remote unspoiled location is 15 minutes’ drive from the A379, mostly along narrow lanes. Once there you do not need to use a car unless you wish to visit a nearby town. Access between the two barns is via steps internally or a short walk outside.
Please note that internet access is offered at this property for recreational purposes only and is not meant for business use. Speed/service is affected by the distance from the exchange and may vary depending on the package available in the area which is provided to guests free of charge. Should guests experience difficulties or loss of use, neither the owner nor Rural Retreats will be held responsible.
This property accommodates: