Pet friendly St Davids holiday cottage for two surrounded by glorious Pembrokeshire countryside
- Situated in open countryside on the quiet coast road about 2.5 miles from St Davids, this cosy traditional stone barn provides a perfect base from which to explore the St Davids Peninsula and the stunning coastal paths around.
- Inside the cottage has everything to hand; French doors from the sitting room open out onto a secluded, enclosed private rear patio area - a sun trap. There is a spacious master bedroom with ensuite shower-room. The large kingsize bed can be made into two twins if required. Underfloor heating throughout provides the cottage with a warm and cosy feel.
- Enjoy breakfast on the bistro table and chairs at the front of the cottage, soaking up the peace and tranquillity and the beautiful countryside views, whilst planning your activities for the day ahead.
- Ideal for walkers, Penberi Cottage is a great location from which to explore with walks direct from the cottage leading to the beautiful Coastal Path. The helpful owner (who lives next door) is happy to advise about local beauty spots and footpaths.
- Whether you choose to spend time exploring the pretty villages, coves and harbours in this unspoilt and beautiful area of Pembrokeshire or spend a lazy day on the beach, this St Davids holiday cottage provides a perfect spot for relaxing 'away from it all'.
St Davids Cathedral City
- The historic village city of St Davids is 3 miles away. Sample the wide variety of eat-ing places - superb restaurants, small tea rooms, coffee shops, pubs all offering lo-cally sourced food. Browse the individually owned interesting shops and galleries.
- The beautiful mediaeval Cathedral and Bishop's Palace are an essential visit - the buildings are historic and remarkable and programmes of music and plays are staged throughout the year.
Porthgain and Aberreiddy
- Abereiddy, has pretty colour-washed former quarry workers cottages, black sandy beach and the remarkable Blue Lagoon. The sand which is visible at low tide, also contains a high concentration of fossils and is a draw for fossil hunters.
- The charming village of Porthgain has an attractive harbour. In the 18th and 19th centuries it was a flourishing seaport exporting slate and shale. Now it is a quaint harbour occupied with small fishing boats.
- Have dinner in- or outdoors the Sloop Inn, and enjoy some of the finest Fish and Chips at the Shed where locally caught crab and lobster is also served.
- Walk along the coast path to the amazing Blue Lagoon at Aberreiddy. A former slate quarry with unnaturally blue water. Look out for the seals. Simply exhilarating.
- A Blue Flag awarded beautiful sandy beach with rolling waves, rugged rocks and rock pools backed by a small mountain Carn Llidi is just 5 miles away. The beach is popular with bathers, surfers and canoeists as well as walkers and climbers. There is a car park, small cafe, shop and toilets. Dogs are permitted between May and September. Linger awhile and enjoy the wonderful sunsets.
The Pembrokeshire Coastal Path
- Enjoy walks on the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path, both east and west. The cliffs are spectacular; the bird and wildlife is captivating; the sea and sky a constantly chang-ing panorama. The Coastal Path circles the Peninsula offering miles of breathtaking coastline.
Coastal 'Shuttle' Buses
- During the summer months there are the coastal shuttle buses which trundle round the lanes - ideal for hassle-free access to the Coastal Path and its beaches and coves so leave your car behind and enjoy this beautiful part of Pembrokeshire without the worry of your carbon footprint or fuel bill.
Boat Trips to Ramsey Island
- Book a boat trip to Ramsey Island and experience the thrill of a jet boat trip across Ramsey Sound, through the infamous Bitches, and then the contrast of moving in close to the cliffs to see the wildlife at close range. For the less adventurous there are conventional boats which both circuit and land on the island.
- The pretty harbour village of Solva has a small sandy beach on low tide. Children can spend hours catching crabs from the harbour wall. There is a small selection of plac-es to eat, shops and galleries.
Working Woollen Mills
- Solva Woollen Mill, patronised by Prince Charles, specialises in fabulous carpets, rugs and runners. Tregwynt Woollen Mill weaves traditional and contemporary de-signs for blankets, throws, cushions and soft furnishings. Their beautiful products are in demand world-wide.
Golfing Breaks Pembrokeshire Wales
- St Davids Golf Course is a spectacular 9-hole course on the headland overlooking Whitesands Beach - a real challenge!
- Family owned Priskilly Forest Golf Course is a 20 minute drive away. Open all year to visitors of any ability, it is a 9 hole gem, set amongst mature oaks, sycamores and rhododendrons and with panoramic views from Strumble Head to the Preseli Moun-tains.
- Set in 40 acres of magnificent woodland and with walled gardens, water features and huge willow sculptures. There are guided tours and special events, as well as an outdoor theatre, garden tours and musical evenings. Or you can just enjoy the sur-roundings while you browse the gift shop or take a delicious lunch in the castle's splendid café.
Small coastal pet friendly Pembrokeshire holiday cottage for two in Britain's tiniest city of St Davids. Pet welcome.
- There is so much to enjoy near this small pet friendly cosy St Davids holiday cottage for two - a great location anytime of the year.
1 Bedroom sleeping 2 adults. Master bedroom with Super Kingsize bed (zip and link - can be 2 x Twins) and ensuite bathroom with large shower cubicle, wc and washbasin. All on ground floor.
Kitchen/Dining Area fully fitted with oven and induction hob, fridge with ice box, dishwasher, microwave, washing machine, dining table and 2 chairs. 1 step up into the Sitting area.
Sitting Room with a red 2 seater sofa, armchair, Freeview digital tv/dvd. French doors leading onto patio area.
Grounds enclosed patio area at the rear of the property with outdoor furniture.
Parking Ample parking to the front of the property.
Fuel underfloor heating throughout inclusive.
Welcome FREE 1 well behaved dog